Do any politicians give a rats ass what the citizens want? I think not.

Exclusive: Paul Ryan Reportedly Says No Chance for Border Wall at Private Dinner

House Speaker Paul Ryan, at a private dinner earlier this year, said he thought only “one member” wanted to build a wall across the entire U.S.-Mexico border, Breitbart News has learned from multiple sources with direct knowledge of the comments, including former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO).

The dinner, sources said, took place on the eve of the House’s passage of two relatively minor immigration bills at the end of June: Kate’s Law and sanctuary city reforms. The far wider reaching Davis-Oliver Act was tabled at the same time.

“Ryan told a group of Republicans he met with … that only one person wants a wall,” Tancredo told Breitbart News shortly after the dinner.

Tancredo took issue with the Speaker’s characterization of support for the wall within the House GOP. “Of course he means only one person in his entourage and of the leadership,” he told Breitbart News. “I know several people in Congress who want a wall and I know that there are millions of Americans who want a wall.”

Read the entire story here:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/12/exclusive-paul-ryan-reportedly-says-no-chance-for-border-wall-at-private-dinner/

The prosecutor is sure taking his time..GEE, I wonder why? If the roles were reversed, someone would certainly be in jail if not already convicted.

Minnesota prosecutors to consider charges in case of Australian woman killed by police officer

Prosecutors are now deciding whether to pursue charges against a Minneapolis police officer who shot an Australian woman to death in July, officials said Tuesday.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said his office had received the results of the investigation into Justine Damond’s July 15 death and “several senior prosecutors will now carefully review the case file to determine what, if any, charges might be brought.”

Two weeks ago, Freeman said he expected to make a decision about the case by the end of the year, FOX9 reported.

Freeman said his office was using the same protocol it followed for the last three officer-involved shootings, upon a completed investigation by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

Officer Mohamed Noor fatally shot Damond, a 40-year-old life coach who was engaged to be married, after she called 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home.

Noor’s partner, Officer Matthew Harrity, told investigators he was startled by a loud noise right before Damond approached the driver’s side window of their police SUV.

Harrity, who was driving, said Noor then fired his weapon from the passenger seat, hitting Damond.

MINNEAPOLIS SOMALI COMMUNITY SHOCKED BY POLICE KILLING , WORRIED ABOUT BACKLASH

During a meeting with Minneapolis residents Sunday, Freeman said the shooting of Damond “didn’t have to happen. It shouldn’t have happened,” the Star Tribune reported.

Freeman also told residents at the meeting his job was to determine whether Noor did something criminal, and whether there was enough admissible evidence to support a charge.

Noor was put on an accelerated police cadet program that required only seven months of training, a nontraditional route that aims to help those who have a college degree enter law enforcement. Some believe that program could leave officers ill prepared to handle real-world police scenarios.

In another high-profile police shooting, Freeman decided no charges would be filed against two officers involved in the November 2015 death of Jamar Clark — a decision that led to several protests in Minneapolis.

In that case, Freeman broke precedent with the standard practice of having a grand jury decide whether officers would be charged in police shootings and made the decision himself. Freeman said he would follow that same practice in the Damond case.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

The world of incompetence.

Sadly, some 143 million Americans will lose some sleep over the likelihood their credit information was hacked by an intruder of Equifax.  Even more disturbing, many bankers have no frigging clue what the scandal is or how to fix it.  I spoke to one of my bankers today and they were dumbfounded as to the event or how to address it.  Sorry folks, but when you have no control over your credit score, management of personal information, or methods to control your personal information, you’re screwed.  Adding insult to injury, top management at Equifax sold millions of their stock before the released the “breach”.  Sorry, someone needs to go to jail…

##########################################################

Equifax — The Inherent Liability of Data Aggregation

The company was breached, exposing 143 million Americans, and they waited over a month to tell us.

Business Review Board · Sep. 12, 2017

How safe is your personal information? Not very, based on last week’s news that Equifax, one of the three credit-reporting giants, had suffered a data breach impacting about 143 million Americans.

But it gets worse.

“The company said in a statement the unauthorized entry occurred mid-May through July 2017, as criminals “exploited U.S. website application vulnerability” to access files ranging from social security numbers, birth dates, addresses and driver’s license numbers,“ Fox Business reports. “Hackers also accessed the credit card numbers of about 209,000 consumers in the U.S. and other documents with personal identifying information for about 182,000 people in the U.S. Equifax said it discovered the breach on July 29, 2017 but did not publically disclose the information until Sept. 7, 2017.”

That’s right — the company waited more than a month to disclose the bad news. That was plenty of time for executives to sell off $2 million in company stock.

Consumers can find out if their data was compromised at a Equifax’s dedicated website. But beware the fine print. Consumers accepting the “free” credit monitoring and identity theft protection service Equifax offers as compensation initially had to agree not to be part of any class action lawsuit against the company.

Thus the lesson is the inherent danger and liability personal data aggregators create for the consumers in their databases.

 

Duluth is a utopian hellhole and this partially proves it.

I moved out of Duluth many years ago, mostly due to the ineffective, thoughtless politicians that pull the puppet strings and couldn’t give a damn about its residents, only their agendas.  Joel Sipress is one example.  If you were an elected “official”, would you ever even consider publishing a message like this?  You can sign a petition by going here:

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/censure-duluth-city-council-president-joel-sipress?source=facebook&

 

Censure Duluth City Council President Joel Sipress

THE DULUTH CITY COUNCIL

At 11:44pm on September 9, 2017 Duluth City Council President Joel Sipress sent this unprovoked message to another resident of Duluth when the resident inquired about an outside nonprofit group failing to file a campaign report with the city of Duluth.

The Council President should be held to the highest of standards. Sipress’s language and threatening tone does not reflect the values and the professionalism we seek from our elected leaders. Please sign this petition asking the Duluth City Council to censure Sipress as well as asking for his resignation from the Council President position.

Censure Sipress

PETITION BY
Duluth, Minnesota

Oh joy.

The happiest state in the union is …

Follow your bliss to the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Minnesota is the happiest state of the union, according to a new ranking from WalletHub. The runners-up were Utah, Hawaii, California, Nebraska and New Jersey.

Read the entire story here:  http://nypost.com/2017/09/11/the-happiest-state-in-the-union-is/

Another hero falls.

JOI-MARIE MCKENZIE,Good Morning America Sat, Sep 9 5:31 PM PDT

 A police deputy who went viral twice online for his relationship with a Texas toddler has died.

One social engineering experiment in our public schools that didn’t work so well.

HS bans flags on cars, then students drive in flying Old Glory. The outcome may get you saluting.

After a Minnesota high school banned all flags on vehicles, students showed up Wednesday with a big message for the administration. After meeting with the protest leaders, the administrators agreed to withdraw the flag ban. (Image source: KARE-TV video screenshot)

It seems Rocori High School in St. Cloud, Minnesota, had enough of students who adorned their vehicles with Confederate flags and parked them in the school lot last spring.

So school officials banned all flags on vehicles — and that didn’t sit well with some students and parents.

To demonstrate they weren’t taking the flag ban lying down, about 30 folks protested at the school Wednesday, KARE-TV reported.

But they didn’t do so flying Confederate flags. Instead they showed the administration that a one-size-fits-all ban on flags can have embarrassing consequences.
With that, school officials said about 25 vehicles flying American flags were parked in the school lot, the Star Tribune added.

Don Ihrke told KARE his son “came home from school and told me that they weren’t allowed to fly the American flag on their vehicles anymore.”

So Ihrke attended the protest to support his son who was “making a stand,” he told the station.

“This is his truck and he’s proud of his truck, and he’s proud of his American flag,” he added to KARE. “He has a sister who’s a sergeant in the Marine Corps and he’s proud of his sister.”

“We just didn’t think that was right,” Ihrke told the station, regarding the ban, “by no means at all.”

But Superintendent Scott Staska said the issue surrounding the ban “wasn’t with the American flag. The issue was with people being disrespectful to other people,” KARE reported.

As it happens, Staska told the station that students protested “very respectfully, were well organized, very peaceful, positive and appropriate” — and it didn’t take long for their demonstration to elicit its desired effect.

Image source: KARE-TV video screenshot
Image source: KARE-TV video screenshot

Turns out administrators met with protest leaders Wednesday and agreed to withdraw the flag ban if students agreed to approach the flag issue respectfully, the station said.

In other words, displaying disrespectful flags and symbols — including the Confederate flag and swastikas — won’t be tolerated, Staska told KARE.

Notch yet another victory for Old Glory. And the whole episode didn’t even have to go to this length.

If school officials had taken a brief look at recent history, they perhaps would’ve concluded that when the American flag is part of a school ban, American students don’t react very favorably.

Unbelievable bravery.

Kidnapped Minnesota teen girl swims over lake to flee abductors

A Minnesota teen who was kidnapped for almost a month swam across a lake Tuesday to escape her abductors, officials said.

Jasmine Block, 15, of Alexandria, Minn., made it safely across the lake before running onto a property where she received help, CBS Minnesotareported.

Authorities said Block was kidnapped on Aug. 8 by Thomas Barker, 32, who urged the teen to get into his car and drove her to a residence in Carlos. Barker, his roommate and another friend physically and sexually assaulted the teenager, officials said.

“Barker tied her up with zip ties and then he, his roommate and friend over the next several weeks assaulted her and threatened her with weapons,” Alexandria Police Chief Rick Wyffels said.

Police arrested Barker, Steven Powers, 20, and Joshua Holby, 31, in connection with the kidnapping, the New York Post reported.

Block was able to make her escape after the kidnappers left her alone Tuesday, officials said. The teen reportedly knocked on the doors of a few homes but she did not receive any answers. She then jumped into the Thompson Lake and swam across.

When she got across the lake, she ran onto a farmer’s property. The farmer identified her and took her to safety.

“When she come walking out of the grass I’m thinking, ‘oh my gosh, you got to be kidding me,’” the farmer, who did not wish to be identified, told CBS Minnesota. “When I saw her face I knew right away.”

He added: “It was just a great feeling, [I told her] ‘just get in the pickup, we’re going to help you now.’”

Block was transported to the hospital for minor injuries she sustained.

“This is an unbelievable young woman,” Wyffels said. “She has a lot of strength. We think a lot of her and her family. They’re all amazing people.”

The three men were booked and all face assault, kidnapping and false imprisonment charges.

Your tax dollars hard at work. How progressive.

UMN offers ‘nonbinary gender pronouns’ writing guide

Mitchell Gunter

Mitchell GunterSouth Carolina Campus Correspondent

  • The University of Minnesota is offering students a resource guide to help them utilize “nonbinary gender pronouns” in their writing.
  • The guide includes a chart listing examples of such pronouns, encouraging students to “practice using nonbinary gender pronouns so that they become more automatic.”

The University of Minnesota’s “nonbinary gender pronouns” resource guide.

Students at the University of Minnesota (UMN) have a resource guide to help them utilize nonbinary gender pronouns in their writing.

The Campus Climate UMN Twitter account recently promoted the guide in a tweetdepicting the pronouns, calling the guide a “terrific resource for understanding nonbinary pronouns.”

“Even when they know the pronouns…they can struggle to incorporate those pronouns in their writing.”   

The resource guide takes the form of a gender pronouns chart on the UMN Center for Writing’s website.

“Many people understand the existence of gender pronouns beyond the binary (she/her/hers or he/him/his). However, they may not be familiar with how to use those pronouns in sentences,” the problem statement reads.

“As a result, even when they know the pronouns of reference for a person, they can struggle to incorporate those pronouns in their writing,” the problem statement concludes, listing a possible solution as, “learn the typical forms that nonbinary gender pronouns can take.”

“The following chart provides examples of some nonbinary gender pronouns in a variety of forms,” the website continues, listing pronouns such as, “they/them/theirs,” “ey/em/eirs,” “ze/zir/zirs,” and “co/co/co’s.” The website reports that the chart was adapted from the LGBT Campus Center’s “Gender Pronouns Guide” at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, though the citation link is currently broken.

Additionally, the guide advises readers to “practice using nonbinary gender pronouns so that they become more automatic.”

Students are also referred to the “Gender Neutral Pronoun Blog” to familiarize themselves “with how nonbinary pronouns appear in context.”

Finally, the guide suggests that writers “consider adding an explanatory footnote” if the writer’s audience is not familiar with nonbinary pronouns. An example footnote reads, “in this paper, I use the nonbinary gender pronouns [name them] because the people I am citing and/or to whom I am referring use these pronouns to refer to themselves. It is important to me that I respect their identities in my writing by using the appropriate gender pronouns.”

According to an article on UMN’s Campus Climate Page, “this terrific resource to better understand gender pronouns, especially in the context of writing, was created collaboratively by Katie Levin, Co-Director, Center for Writing; and Melinda Lee, Assistant Director, Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life.”

However, the Campus Climate Page stipulates that the article is a perspective, and that, “’Perspectives’ stories are the views and opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect any official position of the University of Minnesota.”

Campus Reform reached out to the University of Minnesota Center for Writing, but did not receive a response in time for publication.

Follow the author of this article on Twitter: @rMitchellGunter

We’re closer every day to a dictatorship.

Minneapolis bar closes after employees learn owner donated to white supremacist David Duke

A bar in Minnesota shut down after employees and customers learned the bar’s owner had donated money to white supremacist and former KKK leader David Duke.

Shutting down Minneapolis’ Clubhouse Jager wasn’t a decision made by owner Julius DeRoma, but rather by the employees who operated the bar, according to the Star Tribune.

A number of former employees resigned after they learned of DeRoma’s support for Duke. Some quit on the spot.

The donation came to light in a story published by City Pages, which detailed DeRoma’s $500 donation to Duke’s failed 2016 campaign for U.S. Senate.

Word about the club owner’s donation circulated quickly — performers and event organizers began to cancel scheduled shows, and weekly trivia night host Rob Callahan canceled his standing gig.

Callahan told City Pages that when he was called in to a Club Jager staff meeting that “Half the people were in tears, and the other half were pretty much punching walls.”

According to the Tribune, people messaged club employees on social media and accused them of being Nazi sympathizers. One server said she was called a “Nazi” on the street, and was spit at.

In response to City Pages’ report, Clubhouse Jager staff released the following statement:

“Clubhouse Jager is staffed by nearly 20 employees, who come from a diverse and inclusive background. We celebrate the diversity of our employees and we do not tolerate or endorse of any kind discrimination against anyone. Our focus remains on continuing our successful record of always providing our employees with a fun and positive work environment.

“Clubhouse Jager enjoys its positive relationship with the neighborhood and community, which includes a productive business relationship with City Pages for the past several years. Clubhouse Jager is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees and customers.”

WHAT EXACTLY IS PROTECTED UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT?

When confronted at his home by WCCO, DeRoma said his donation was “just basically free speech,” and added that “it’s basically something that is blown up beyond what it should be.”

The bar’s doors were shuttered just as a Chinese restaurant in Santa Cruz, California, closed due to similar backlash, the Santa Cruz Sentinel reported. O’mei Szechuan closed after it was found owner Roger Grigsby also donated $500 to Duke’s 2016 campaign.