These two need to be in the ground, not in jail.

Lakeside man robbed, assaulted after hiring woman from Craigslist
By Tom Olsen on Jul 27, 2015 at 9:45 p.m.

knifepoint
A Duluth man was robbed at knifepoint and assaulted after hiring a woman from Craigslist to pose for photos in his Lakeside home, according to criminal charges filed last week.
The 48-year-old Lakeside man told police that the woman, Katie Joann Schultz, had agreed to pose for a photo shoot in front of the model racetrack he had built in his basement.

But when Schultz showed up to his house on Saturday, July 18, the robbery plot was quickly revealed. Schultz’s boyfriend, Robert Daniel Laurent Derrick Robinson, entered the residence brandishing a butcher knife and proceeded to take the man’s wallet and the contents of a safe, according to court documents.

The homeowner, meanwhile, suffered two fractures to his orbital socket — injuries that authorities said may require surgery.

Robinson, 22, was charged Friday in State District Court in Duluth with aggravated first-degree robbery, a crime that carries a maximum of 20 years in prison. Schultz, 22, was charged earlier in the week with aiding and abetting the crime.

Both are being held at the St. Louis County Jail on significant bail amounts.

According to the criminal complaints:

The victim began communicating with Schultz on Craigslist before the incident. They arranged for Schultz to come to his home on July 18, but she kept changing the plan throughout the day.

Schultz finally arrived at the residence, on the 4800 block of Cooke Street, at about 9 p.m. She was alone and said she was hungry, so the man ordered a pizza.

The victim excused himself to use the restroom and came back to find Schultz’s boyfriend, Robinson, coming at him with a butcher knife. The man told police that Robinson put the knife to his throat, threatening to kill him, and ordered him to take him to the safe in his bedroom.

Robinson attempted to tie him down with an extension cord but failed. The victim attempted to run, but Robinson pushed him into the wall and began punching him.

The victim reported that he was finally able to escape by kicking the suspect in the groin. Robinson and Schultz fled the residence with several objects, including $80 from the man’s wallet, a large silver collection and several family heirlooms.

Officers arrived at the scene at 9:46 p.m., just minutes after a 911 caller reported hearing a male calling for help. Eyewitnesses reported seeing a black male carrying a purse, accompanied by a white female.

The bloodied victim was found on the ground outside the house and was taken to St. Luke’s hospital emergency room for treatment.

Schultz was arrested near the scene. Police said she was carrying a laptop computer that was stolen from the victim’s home. Robinson was arrested four days later at a residence on the 300 block of East Superior Street.

Police said Schultz gave an interview, admitting that she had called in a “third party” to assault the homeowner. Robinson also sent a text message to Schultz’s mother, indicating that it was his fault she was in jail.

Larson’s mother told police that her daughter had known Robinson since elementary school and that they were in an “on again, off again” for about three years.

Robinson has a substantial criminal history, including two felony convictions for second-degree burglary, and has been accused of four other serious crimes this year alone.

“This young man’s continued dangerous behavior makes me believe he needs to be in jail,” Duluth Police Chief Gordon Ramsay wrote in a Facebook post Monday.

In addition to the most recent charges, Robinson is accused of aggravated first-degree robbery after allegedly robbing a man at gunpoint in Duluth in May. He’s also facing a firearm charge in Pine County, and in Itasca County he’s charged with drug possession and escape from custody.

Assistant St. Louis County Attorney Kristen Swanson requested that bail be set at $125,000. Judge Sally Tarnowski agreed.

“(Robinson) has quickly amassed four separate violent felony level criminal files since being discharged from probation in January of 2015,” Swanson wrote in a bail recommendation. “The State has grave concern for public safety considering the nature of the allegations in the two St. Louis County files, which demonstrate (his) volatility and increasing propensity for violence.”

Swanson noted that Schultz’s history was minimal — with only a shoplifting conviction on her record — but argued that the allegations demonstrate that she is a dangerous person who is “willing to resort to vigilante type justice.”

Tarnowski set Schultz’s bail at $25,000.

Both defendants are due back in court on Aug. 12.

Not so Minnesota nice. I see no challenge or sport in baiting an animal and killing it for, well, no reason.

Minnesota dentist accused of killing famous Zimbabwe lion
By Reuters Media Today at 12:40 p.m.

palmerdds

HARARE, Zimbabwe — Wildlife officials on Tuesday accused a Minnesota man of killing Cecil, one of the oldest and most famous lions in Zimbabwe, without a permit after paying $50,000 to two people who lured the beast to its death.

The lion was lured out of Hwange National Park using a bait and was shot by the Walter James Palmer with a crossbow, Johnny Rodrigues, chairman of Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, told reporters.

Palmer is a dentist in Bloomington, Minn., and a native of North Dakota who “enjoys all outdoor activities,” according to the River Bluff dental website. He graduated from the University of Minnesota, and when to dental school there, graduating in 1987, the website says.

Rodrigues said Palmer paid Zimbabwean hunter Theo Bronkhorst and Honest Ndlovu, a private game park owner, to lure the 13-year-old Cecil. Bronkhorst and Ndlovu will face poaching charges on Wednesday in Hwange for the killing of the lion on July 1, Rodriguez said.

Palmer — who U.S. media reports said was a dentist from Minnesota — was not immediately available for comment.

A spokesman for Palmer told the Guardian that the hunter believed he may have shot the lion.

“As far as I understand, Walter believes that he might have shot that lion that has been referred to as Cecil,” a spokesman for Palmer said.

“What he’ll tell you is that he had the proper legal permits and he had hired several professional guides, so he’s not denying that he may be the person who shot this lion. He is a big-game hunter; he hunts the world over.”

Palmer’s whereabouts were not immediately known but Cecil’s head and skin were recovered and would be used as evidence in court, Rodrigues said.

Cecil was a popular attraction at the Hwange National Park and had featured in many photographic shoots.

Lions are not protected species in Zimbabwe. If convicted, the two men would be required to pay $20,000 in compensation but the court may impose an additional jail term.

Investigations show the killing of Cecil was illegal because the land owner was not allocated a lion on his hunting quota for 2015, Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force said in a statement.

“Therefore, all persons implicated in this case are due to appear in court facing poaching charges,” the conservationists said.

Zimbabwe issues annual permits allowing foreign hunters to kill wildlife like the elephant, buffalo and lion, saying this allows it to raise money for conservation.

Forum News Service contributed to this report.

Did you know the D.E.A. gives snitches workers comp? Not a bad gig if you can get it. Your tax dollars hard at work.

Report: DEA Gives Workers’ Comp to Questionable Drug Informants

dealogo

 

 

By Melanie Batley | Monday, 27 Jul 2015 10:03 AM

A new report has found that drug informants are often poorly vetted and some get workers’ compensation benefits from the government despite questionable qualifications, The Washington Post reported.

The Justice Department watchdog found that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) did not do a thorough job of monitoring at least 240 informants, some of whom continued to carry out illegal activities and were being investigated by other authorities.
Editor’s Note: Do You Support Trump for President? Vote Here Now.
According to the Post, investigators discovered that the DEA paid more than $1 million in benefits in 2014 to 17 informants or their dependents without conducting due diligence.

The DEA used “over 240 confidential sources without rigorous review,” investigators said in a report which was released last week, according to the Post. “This created a significant risk that improper relationships between government handlers and sources could be allowed to continue over many years, potentially resulting in the divulging of sensitive information or other adverse consequences for the government.”

In some cases the arrangements with the agency continued for years, using informants that were involved in criminal activity, some of whom were considered high-risk.

The DEA was established to enforce the country’s drug laws and root out violators. The use of informants is a primary mechanism to achieve their objectives, but the agency is supposed to keep a tight rein on them to ensure they are not conducting illegal activities.

The investigators found that the agency has been lax about following the guidelines and instead has pursued its own standards, often failing to properly vet informants, the Post reported.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his investigators found evidence that “raises significant concerns for one of the DEA’s more significant and sensitive programs,” the Post reported.

A committee with the responsibility of reviewing informants vetted each source for an average of a minute from 2003 to 2012, the inspector general found.

A spokesman for the Justice Department, Patrick Rodenbush, said officials had already ordered an extensive review of the DEA’s confidential source policies.

“The review will address and revise policies related to high-level, privileged, and media-related confidential sources and put in place more stringent requirements to better assess and mitigate risk when approving” illegal activity, Rodenbush said in a statement, according to the Post.

A review is also underway as to how to deal with current recipients of workers’ compensation and the agency has put a stop to future potential beneficiaries.

According to the Post, a number of “disabled” confidential sources were paid by both the DEA and the Labor Department for years.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/drugs-dea-informants-workers-comp/2015/07/27/id/659051/#ixzz3h7PPaP5b

Men and boys. At least the trooper in the article below did the right thing, unlike the disrespectful boy in the picture below.

Unlike this trooper:

IMG_0007_1

 

This one mans up and does the right thing:

Minnesota State Trooper pleads guilty to speeding
By Forum News Service Today at 1:44 p.m.

FERGUS FALLS, Minn. — A Minnesota State Trooper caught speeding in a patrol car has pleaded guilty.

Sgt. Jesse Grabow was fined $535 in Otter Tail County District Court.

On April 28, Grabow was going 94 miles an hour in a 55 mile-an-hour zone on Highway 210 in Otter Tail County.

According to court documents, Trooper Robyn Birr was patrolling the highway when she clocked the car, not knowing at first it was another patrol car.

Grabow was not on an emergency call at the time.

After Grabow was ticketed, the patrol’s state chief said that troopers are “not immune to the dangers of exceeding the speed limit.”

Seen outside the embassy in Kenya, maybe if we’re lucky, he’ll take it to heart and stay there.

CKmigjLWcAAxpA8

2015-07-23-3851d6f2_large

Ex-Congressman Allen West Explodes Over Iran Deal During Fiery and Emotional Times Square Speech

Keep voting DFL, enjoy the trash that keeps moving in.

Homicide suspect arrested in Superior
By News Tribune on Jul 22, 2015 at 6:27 p.m.

A 20-year-old man wanted in Illinois was taken into custody in Douglas County.

martin,rasheed

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office reported that Rasheed Martin was arrested Wednesday in the Bartley Manor Complex, 3900 Tower Ave., on a warrant in a homicide case in Illinois.
Martin was wanted in connection with the death of Amari Brown, 7, in a Chicago drive-by shooting believed to be gang related, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Martin is being held in the Douglas County Jail pending extradition to Illinois.

In addition to the Sheriff’s Office and the Superior Police Department, the U.S. Marshals Service also assisted with the arrest.

Leaders and losers. Any questions?

Leader

2015-07-21-3b0a5656_large

 

 

Loser

gooddeal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The liar in chief finally gets a clue. Funny how the libs used to refer to President Bush as the village idiot, isn’t it?

obama-corpseman

Fox news July 21, 2015.

President Obama has ordered that flags be lowered to half-staff at the White House and federal buildings across the country to honor the victims of last week’s shooting rampage in Chattanooga, Tenn., after facing pressure from lawmakers and others.

In a proclamation issued early Tuesday afternoon, Obama said of the Chattanooga victims, “We honor their service. We offer our gratitude to the police officers and first responders who stopped the rampage and saved lives. We draw strength from yet another American community that has come together with an unmistakable message to those who would try and do us harm: We do not give in to fear. You cannot divide us. And you will not change our way of life.”

He ordered flags flown at half-staff at the White House and “all public buildings and grounds,” as well as over military posts and naval stations and vessels — until July 25. Flags will be flown at half-staff at U.S. embassies and other overseas diplomatic offices.

The decision comes after congressional leaders ordered flags at the U.S. Capitol lowered to half-staff earlier in the day — that decision fueled questions over why the White House hadn’t yet done the same.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., a veteran, earlier released a statement calling it “unconscionable” that the flags had not been lowered, as of Tuesday morning. “The flag and all it represents is sacred to our military, and the President must know that lowering the flag is a signal of honor and respect,” he said.

Shortly afterward, the White House issued its proclamation, following similar instructions for the Capitol by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner.

“Last week, five brave service members were murdered in a terror attack in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Out of respect for their courageous service and sacrifice to our nation, flags at the U.S. Capitol are being lowered to half-staff,” Boehner said in a statement.

The House will also observe a moment of silence Tuesday evening for the victims.

McConnell said, “[T]he U.S. Senate’s thoughts are with their families and loved ones, and with all those who protect us here, and around the world.”

The shooting occurred at two military facilities. A Navy sailor and four Marines were killed.

The White House has ordered flags lowered on several occasions in the past, including after the tragic mass shooting in December 2012 at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. The directive at the time ordered flags lowered, “As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on Dec. 14, 2012, in Newtown, Conn.”

Asked about the status of the White House flags on Monday, Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that Obama has offered his “sincere condolences to the families of those who were killed in this attack,” without mentioning the forthcoming proclamation.

The shooting has prompted governors in at least a half-dozen states to authorize National Guardsmen to take up arms to protect recruiting offices and installations.

The U.S. military also has outlined security upgrades for recruiting stations, reserve centers and other facilities, according to Capt. Scott Miller, a spokesman for the U.S. Northern Command, which covers military bases in North America.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.